Florida Water is perhaps best known for its role as a perfume. With its bright, refreshing citrus scent, it's small wonder that it became known as the "most popular perfume in the world." There's more to this bright, crisp fragrance than its scent, however -- it's almost as popular as a metaphysical ingredient as it is as a perfume.
Florida Water cologne consists of lemon oil, orange oil, and lavender oil, among others, diluted in a base of perfumer's alcohol. This gives the perfume all of the properties of those oils, combined into a discreet, easy-to-use form. There are few things that Florida water cannot do, and it has earned a place in the rituals of rootworkers, witches, and other spiritual practitioners worldwide. While there are numerous ways to use Florida Water, here are the most popular ways to incorporate it into your rituals and spells.
Ten Popular Uses for Florida Water
1. Cleanse any room by placing a small amount in a dish, placing the dish in a room, and allowing the perfume to evaporate. The lavender and citrus oils are powerful spiritual cleansing agents, and they will leave positive energy and a light, citrus scent behind. You can also use the spray version of Florida Water.
3. Perform water divination by placing a small amount in a dark-colored bowl, and adding water. Use this for scrying by gazing into the water.
4. Aid other forms of divination by placing some Florida Water in a bottle with an amethyst crystal. Anoint your hands before shuffling a tarot deck, a pendulum before doing a reading, a crystal sphere before scrying, and so on.
5. Add to a ritual bath to spiritually cleanse yourself, as well as provide a feeling of balance and relaxation. Apply the perfume after the bath for protection. You can also use Florida Water Soap for cleansing.
6. Give it as an offering to your ancestors, spirit guides, or deities. Many deities, particularly those of love and beauty, appreciate natural perfume.
7. Mix a small amount with magical inks when writing spells or petitions.
8. Keep your altar and tools cleansed by wiping them down with some Florida Water. If you do this with candles, candlesticks, or candle snuffers, make sure they are completely dry before use as Florida Water is very flammable.
9. Draw money to you by dipping a cowrie shell in Florida Water, allowing it to dry, and keeping it safely tucked away in your wallet.10. Ensure good dreams, repel nightmares, and aid dream divination by lighting misting a dream pillow before sleep.
Using Florida Water Outside of a Ritual
If you like using Florida Water in a ritual setting, it is a good idea to keep some in a small spray bottle that you can carry on you. Any time you find yourself having to deal with negative or malicious people, lightly mist yourself. Allow the refreshing fragrance to uplift you, and the perfume's properties to keep the negativity away from you. Any time you are in need of a little extra protection, mist yourself and visualize yourself surrounded by a protective sphere of golden light.
Florida Water can also be used as a skin toner. Gently mist on your face for a more toned and bright complexion. The citrus aroma can help boost moods and lessen anxiety.
Florida Water's light, unisex fragrance and particular blend of essential oils give it a versatility that is almost unmatched. It can be used in almost any spiritual context, from cleansing and blessing to protecting and attracting. Keep a bottle on your altar, on your vanity, or in your jacket or purse for those situations where you could use a little spiritual boost.