You might be familiar with the idea of putting a hex or jinx on someone -- you work a ritual intending to harm them, and bad things begin to happen. They might experience an illness, a lost relationship, or a run of bad luck. Did you know it does not require a ritual to place a hex on someone? You can even hex yourself without meaning to!
Cursing Yourself with Self-Talk
Certain words, thoughts, charms, and actions can help improve your life, bring you good luck, and attract good things. This means that the opposite is also true. In a ritual to attract a relationship, you might say, "I am surrounded by love everywhere I go," to bring you what you desire. On the other hand, if you regularly look in the mirror and tell yourself, "I am ugly," it can harm you. Putting energy into thinking poorly of yourself on a consistent basis can make you feel as though someone has cursed you. This is because someone is cursing you -- you are!
Sometimes, just believing you have been hexed produces the same effects as actually being hexed. The belief alone is enough to do harm. If you think you have been cursed, even if no one has cursed you, you may begin to notice more things suddenly going wrong in your life.
Accidentally Hexing Others
It is also possible to hex someone else accidentally. There are many charms, like Against the Evil Eye Talismans, designed to protect against "the evil eye." This is a form of baneful magic believed to be passed on through little more than a dirty look. Putting your feelings of jealousy or anger on others can be enough to affect them, even if you do not go through an entire ritual. In this case, it is the same as accidentally cursing yourself -- putting enough energy and consistency into negative emotions is enough to bring about the same result as an actual hex.
How to Tell You Have Been Hexed
Hexes often carry telltale signs. You might hit a run of very bad luck, but this happens to everyone once in awhile. A previously good relationship can become deeply troubled. You may experience severe financial worries. Your health and appearance can quickly turn for the worse out of the blue. If you are sensitive to signs and omens, you may notice dark portents around you, or even just a vague feeling of being uneasy and uncomfortable in your skin. The key here is that these things appear suddenly. They are not gradual troubles that build over time, something has happened to set them off.
Removing a Self-Induced Hex
If you have accidentally hexed yourself, you can also break the hex yourself. To do so:
1. Identify the habits that have allowed the hex to happen. Do you tell yourself you are ugly or stupid? Do you think you always mess things up? Stop! Cut off the negative energy at the source, and do not feed into the hex.
2. Clean your home from back to front with Uncrossing Floor Wash, Spiritual Cleansing Big Al Bath & Floor Wash, or an infusion of herbs like hyssop and marjoram.
3. Take a cleansing bath with sea salt and bitter herbs. If you do not have time to prepare the infusion yourself, Specially Prepared Fresh Bitter Herb Bath can make it easier for you.
4. Save some of your bathwater, and discard it over your left shoulder at dawn. Walk away without looking back.
5. Place a white candle dressed with Uncrossing Oil, or an Uncrossing Hoo Doo Pillar Candle, in the heart of your home.
6. Light the candle, and speak your intention to be unhexed. You can say something like, "I free myself from all things that bind me," "I break all hexes and jinxes against me," or recite Psalm 7.
7. Repeat as often as you need. When you are ready, perform workings to help improve your luck, boost your confidence and self-love, and attract good things into your life.
Many people live in fear of being hexed, without realizing that much of their misfortune is self-created. By catching the habits that draw negative energy and bad luck to you, you can stop placing accidental hexes. Break the hexes you have placed, do rituals to attract good things, replace negative self-talk with positive affirmations, and begin living a happier, more fulfilling life.