They say Gratitude is the Best Attitude. Now that the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is upon us, it’s time to tame the stress and focus on what’s truly positive in our lives. Creating a daily gratitude routine creates miracles in your life! Expressing gratitude gives you more energy and optimism. By focusing more on the gifts in your life, you start focusing less on what you don’t have and your problems don’t seem as bad. Depression is replaced with determination and the world around you seems more inviting and caring.
A Gratitude Altar
There are many ways to create a daily gratitude practice. An altar is a personal and expressive way to show your appreciation. Suggested items for your altar:
- Pictures of loved ones
- Crystals such as rose quartz and tiger eye as they both enhance feelings of gratitude
- 7 Day White, Gold or Green Candle anointed with gratitude oil or bergamot oil or a Peace & Wisdom Candle
- Statues or pictures of Saints, Angels or Orishas that you connect with
- Flowers, leaves, acorns and any other item from nature
- Sage or incense like Jasmine, Rose or Lavender.
Spend 5-10 minutes everyday in meditation and prayer at your altar. Start your ritual by focusing on your breathing and relaxing your body. Set your intention of paying gratitude and opening yourself up to abundance and happiness. Take time to acknowledge the people, things and experiences in your life that you truly appreciate.
A Gratitude Grid
Crystals are a useful tool in your gratitude practice. Stones such as Amethyst, Rose Quartz, Tiger Eye and Aventurine help connect with your subconscious to bring out feelings of gratitude. These crystals open up your heart chakra and help you connect to your higher self.
How to create a grid:
- Write down all that you are grateful for. Be sure to list not only people and things but also experiences that have brought you joy. Fold in half and place it in the center of the grid.
- Place Rose Quartz on top of your list in the center.
- Create a circle around the Rose Quartz with Aventurine.
- Add six Amethyst points, pointing out from the circle.
- Create another circle around the points with Aventurine.
Place the grid anywhere in your home where you can spend time reflecting on your blessings.
Oils for Gratitude
Diffusing or wearing oils is one of the easiest ways to boost your moods and experience joy.
- Jasmine Oil helps attract positive energy. It’s uplifting and helps with expression of love.
- Clary Sage is calming and helps ease depression. You express gratitude better when you are feeling happy, so this is a perfect oil to use.
- Rosemary Oil helps enhance your memory making it easier to remember what you are thankful for.
By reflecting on what you are thankful for on a daily basis, you manifest a happier and healthier life! Gratitude is truly the gift that keeps on giving!