Spiritual Tools To Help You Focus At School and Work
If you are going to give your work your all, you need to focus. It does not matter if it is your career, or just schoolwork, doing your best means putting as much attention (and intention) into your work as possible. This is not always an easy thing to do -- fortunately, there are some simple tools and rituals that can help you stay on task and get things done.
Oils for Focus
Essential oils can help you feel more alert and help you concentrate. The best ones for this include:
- Lemon. This bright, citrusy aroma is energizing and helps increase focus.
- Peppermint. Research shows that the scent of peppermint can help you feel more awake and alert.
- Fennel. Fennel can help you stay focused on your studies.
- Rosemary. Rosemary helps with focus and concentration and is traditionally used to improve memory.
Use one, or create your own custom blends to keep you focused.
A Pre-Work Focusing Ritual
If you set up a simple focusing ritual for yourself, your mind will tie feelings of focus to the ritual. It will become a self-reinforcing act that will enhance your sense of concentration. Before you go in to work or sit down to study, try this:
Create an area that is just for work or study. Eliminate distractions and clutter, and ensure that there is natural light and a good flow of fresh air. Wash the floors from front to back with Mind Opener Big Al Bath & Floor Wash.
If you can, set aside a space for a candle and a small fireproof bowl. Students may wish to use a Success In School Custom Big Al Candle, while workers may want to stick with a plain yellow candle instead. Dress the candle with a few drops of Knowledge Oil.
Before you sit down to work or study, ask your ancestors and spirit guides for help focusing on your work. Light the candle (and, if you like, some Concentration Incense Powder). Rub your forehead with a drop of Knowledge Oil, or a small amount of Concentration Sachet Powder. Do this each time you need to concentrate on a specific task, and you will find that it helps you slip into a clear, focused mindset much more easily.
Here's a trick for students: If you are studying for a test, do the ritual above each time you study. Then, before taking the exam, rub your forehead with the oil or sachet powder. Your sense of smell is strongly tied to your memory, and smelling the same scent you smelled while studying can help you recall that information!
Crystals for Focus and Concentration
The subtle energies of crystals can help when you need a discreet way to enhance your concentration -- for example, if you are at work and cannot do a full focusing ritual, or have a job that does not allow you to wear scented oils. Carry one of these stones in your pocket, or wear them as jewelry:
- Clear quartz. Considered a "master crystal," clear quartz is good for mental clarity and laser focus. You can also program it for whatever intention you desire. Carry a tumbled stone in your pocket, or wear it as a bracelet or pendant.
- Tiger eye. Like a tiger stalking its prey, tiger eye is said to help the user ignore distractions and keep their eyes on the prize. Carry or wear it for better focus and attentiveness.
- Sodalite. Sodalite is sometimes called the "student's stone." It helps boost focus, memory, and perception. Carry it in a pocket, or wear it as a necklace.
- Hematite. Hematite is a powerful grounding stone that can help clear away distracting negative energy and clear away confusion. Carry it, or wear it as a bracelet or pendant.
Staying on-task at work or school is not always easy, but it is important. If you struggle with remaining focused, then these can help you. For best results, combine them -- try carrying a focusing crystal that calls to you, use aromatherapy to boost your concentration, and set up a small pre-work or -studying ritual to help you get into the right mindset.